So it's my birthday today - I just learned that its one of the most popular birthdays. I guess it is - I know of two friends that have the same birthday. It's always fun.
My roommates are calling me "old" and I find it funny. We have a whiteboard in the kitchen on which we draw the next "event" that's coming up - they drew an old lady with a cane and said, next to it, "Happy Birthday" and then they drew on the window (with window marker) "Happy Birthday."
Last night was fun - I hiked the Y with my friend and we had an amazing time. I felt like I wasn't going to make it about halfway up, but somehow, I did. It's a wonderful view from up there. It was fun because I called my dad and asked, "Guess where I am?" It was fun.
So yeah - it's my birthday. One thing that happens in my Book of Mormon class is that the teacher has us say what we've "learned" in the past year. I've learned that it's not worth it to stress out over stress - it has taken a while to figure that out, but it's a good lesson to understand. I've also learned that music is good for the soul. I haven't really done any music since coming to BYU and I can feel the effect of it. Every time I hear a band play or a choir sing, I say to myself, "I need to get back into music." I have a shirt that says, "Without Music, Life Would Bb." So true - my life isn't flat, of course, but it definitely needs music back into it.
I love college and I'm so glad I'm here. I'm halfway through midterms, making new friends almost everyday, and I love my classes. Oh, and it's Homecoming week. That's always fun - my first college homecoming. I miss my family, of course, but it just makes the times that I get to see them that much more special (I'm not quite sure if that's correct grammar or not....) Anyway - fun stuff and go forth and serve!
No comments:
Post a Comment