"...I think you mean an epiphany." -Smee and Hook, respectfully, from Hook
I had one of those last night - I realized (with the help of one of my roommates) that I am now halfway through my first semester in college. Halfway done. Isn't that crazy? I find it extremely weird, considering that I still don't feel like an "official" college student. Even though I've already gotten through my first round of midterms, long nights with roommates, ward activities, and football games, it still doesn't feel like I'm really at BYU. It just doesn't, at all.
So, today, I've listened to probably an hour of straight jazz and I am starting to realize why I enjoy that genre of music so much. It's just so lively and it expresses so many feelings in a few minutes of sound. All music does that, but for me, it is especially expressed in the tones of jazz. I'm also realizing that I really need to get into music again. I miss it too much and I need to continue with it, in some shape or form. I love music so much. It helps me destress (not distress) and I love playing it.
I love Utah in the fall. How about I just say I love the fall? Here, it's awesome because on campus, there are so many trees that are shedding their leaves and it's fun to walk around (not that I really have time to do so...). And it's fun to wake up in the morning and feel the chilly air and breathe in the crispness of it all. I love it here. Winter's going to be a change, though...I've never lived anywhere where there is snow...it'll be a new experience, like everything else here.
The hunt for a major continues. I have about two to three majors that are really staying with me, but I'm still not sure what to do . Sometime this week I'm going into the career counseling center to take a test to see what I would be good at and what I would enjoy doing. I like to many things to pick on my own, you know? It's a frustrating process, but at least I'm working on it.
"TTFN! Ta-ta for now!" -Tigger from Winnie the Pooh
No comments:
Post a Comment