So I know this is a little late in coming, but I wanted to do a "2012 in Review" for me. So here are the top five, in no particular order:
1. I declared as an English major. I started my class this week and I am loving it so far. My literary theory class is probably my favorite one, so far. We've talked about the reasons why we read (a lot more complex than you think) and are going to talk about the ethics of reading tomorrow. Sounds boring, but I am loving it. And I'm taking ASL (American Sign Language) as my language for my major and am loving that, too. I know it's going to get harder, but I love it.
2. I became a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. This has helped me grow more as a person by stretching my boundaries and helping me get out of my comfort zone more. One of my fondest memories with Mary Kay this year was at Career Conference in April. My group of Mary Kay friends and associates were chosen to perform a dance in front of everyone and it was a blast. I kept getting comments the next couple of days of how enthusiastic I was and how it looked like I was having a lot of fun. I was. And I'm still having fun with Mary Kay - and here's to more adventures this year in Mary Kay.
3. I became friends with so many amazing people. I stay in Provo for winter semester, spring and summer term, and fall semester, and I have loved every minute of it. My wards have been amazing and the people in them are so sweet. They helped me when I needed help, we had fun together, and we got to know each other so well. Some of these friends include: Kelsey, Emma, Kelly, Ashley, Michael, Spencer, Megan, Kandi, Garrett, the 80th ward (I would write out all the names, but there are a lot of people), and so many others. Love you guys! You're amazing and I'm so glad to have met you all!
4.I have grown to appreciate my family a lot. I've lived in Provo since the end of August in 2011 and I've only been home for a couple of Christmas's, a family reunion, and a Thanksgiving. I love my family, so much, and I am so grateful for the times I do get to see them. They mean so much to me and I love them. I love how I can talk to them whenever I need help with something or just to talk and catch up. And I can count on them. They are an amazing family and I am so grateful I get to be a part of it.
5. I have spiritually grown so much this past year. From numerous experiences with friends and personal experiences, I know that the Atonement works. I have felt its' power in my life and I know that Jesus Christ suffered for our sins so that we could return to Him and Heavenly Father. They love us with a love that I can only barely begin to understand. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church on the earth today and that President Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet, seer, and revelator, as well as the rest of The Twelve Apostles. I know that The Book of Mormon is true and that we truly are happier when we read and study it on a daily basis. I know that missionary work is important and that the age-change announced in October at General Conference was revelation. It has blessed so many people's lives already and it has only been a few months. I know that we are here on earth to grow and make choices, to use our agency, and to try our best so that we can return to our Heavenly Father. He is there to help us and we cannot do it alone.
2012 for me was a year of growth and personal understanding. I learned so much about myself and I think 2013 is going to be even better than last year. Tough goal (last year was brilliant), but I think it will happen. So here's to this year being even better than last, probably harder than last year, and more amazing in experiences!
Michelle! You are such a beautiful person! Both inside and out! I'm glad 2012 treated you well. You deserve it. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Amy! You are a wonderful person and I hope that everything is going amazingly well for you! You also deserve it.
Delete