Hello everybody! I cannot believe that it has been over two months since I posted last. It definitely does not feel like that. It feels like yesterday was the beginning of Winter Semester classes and today is the third day of Spring classes. Craziness.
So Winter Semester went well - it was a lot better than Fall (or, at least classes wise). Finals were not as stressful as last semester - which was helped by the fact that I actually studied throughout the semester and didn't have calculus and American Heritage at the same time - and I did very well on the tests. I only know my grade for one class so far, but I feel confident that I will have decent grades this past semester.
Spring Term is going well so far. I am taking Physical Science 100, LDS Marriage and Family (with my friend Chanel Cartier), and History of Creativity. I had them yesterday (no classes on Tuesday - it was awesome and will continue to be awesome) and I think I am going to have fun this semester.
I still have not chosen a major - at the moment I am going between English and Family History. It may change in a week - it has before - and the process of finding that elusive major continues on.
In February, I became a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. If you had told me a year ago that I would be selling Mary Kay, I would have laughed. But it is one of the best things I have done. I have not really been able to run my business as of yet (there's a "No Soliciting on Campus" rule...), I was able to go to Career Conference with my sister, Kelly. It was the funnest twenty-four hours I have had in a long time. And those twenty-four hours motivated me to actually get into my business and think of it as a job. This is my job, now. And it has been - and will continue to be - an amazing ride.
My testimony while being here a BYU has grown so much. I still have my off days - everyone does - but my testimony is still there. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church on the earth today. We have a living prophet - Thomas S. Monson - leading the church today. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith translated through revelation. I am grateful for Jesus Christ and all that He has done for me and all of those who have lived, will live, and are living on the earth today. He was crucified for our sins and knows what each of us is going through in our lives. He knows me and cares for me. He wants me to return to Him and Heavenly Father. I love the Gospel and know of its' truth. I know that I can be with my family for time and all eternity and that we do live after this life. Without these truths, I do not know how I would be able to function in everyday life. I am grateful for my family, my friends - old and new - and I am grateful for this Gospel.
Hopefully, I will keep this blog more up-to-date and will keep all of you informed with what is going on in my life here at BYU. It will be a fun ride to discover the newness of it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment